Wednesday, February 11, 2009

New Chapter



We took a big step this week and started plans for our new home! We are hopefully going to break ground before the end of the month. We are crossing our fingers. It has been a lot fun so far as we pick out all the details and figure out what we even like... I have been surprised how many things we have agreed on for the house. We just like a lot of the same styles which has made the process much easier. Since we are going to be the general contractors we are looking for framers, flooring, rock, and all the other jobs that will go into building the house. So if you know of anyone who has anything to do with the process of building a house please let me know I will be pricing shopping. If anyone has suggestions to avoid pitfalls that would be great as well. Here we go another chapter and adventure!

8 comments:

John, Jess, Ellie, Cade, Eden & Scarlett said...

Cute house! That's so exciting! My parents just added on and were able to find a few people they would recommend--and some that they wouldn't. I know that they guy they found for electrical was much cheaper than anyone else they'd found, and did a great job. Let me know if you want details. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I know of some really great.... hardware/glass, finish trim, tile, framer, and plumer guys. They do a great job for a really great price :) just give us a call and I can give you all the numbers. Just so you can start getting prices.

Anonymous said...

I know of some really great... hardware/glass, finish trim, framers, and plumer guys. If you would like to get their numbers just give me a call. I know that their pricing is pretty good.

Patrice said...

That's awesome! We are excited for you guys. It looks like a nice house.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on building a house! That's really exciting. How are interest rates these days? I wish we could get out of renting....someday!

Natalie and Logan said...

That is so exciting, a new house! Where is the house going to be? What an adventure- I'm happy for you two.

Natalie and Logan said...

How exciting- a real house! That would be a lot of fun to build a house. Is it going to be in Alpine? I'm really happy for you two.

Parkinson Family said...

congratulations! thats so exciting! good luck with everything!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...