ok, so chris has been telling me that i have to take over the blog for about 2 years now, but I knew that if I just left it, he would do it. He even posted when we got here, but said I need to finally take over, so here I am. picking up where Chris left off, yes, we did go to the grocery store. And yes, he did find some Dr. Pepper, which he was over joyed about until he brought it home and drank it. You should have seen the look on his face. He keeps telling all of us it tastes like toilet water, which we are all dying to know how he knows what toilet water tastes like? I tried it as well, and yes it was nasty, but it tastes like candy mixed with soda water. I think he will wait until we get back to the states to drink another Dr. Pepper. for now, Coke will have to do.
We were able to go into Amsterdam this weekend, which was awesome! we took a canal tour around the city and walked down a couple of streets in the tourest section of town. I have never seen so many people jammed into a tiny street! we have decided to go back this weekend so that we can discover as many places as possible to show everyone when they come out to visit. we also discovered that there is a Hard Rock Cafe near the train station. And the food is 100% American! Lets just say that Chris has decided Hard Rock will be our weekly date night dinner. sounds good to me. Holland is gorgeous and a fun place to be, but the Dutch are definitley not known for their culinary skills. I will have Chris post some pictures as soon as he gets a minute. I guess I haven't let him off the hook completely with the blog :)
2 comments:
Oh my laws, I can't believe that you two are really over there and starting this adventure. It all sound so fun and yet a little scary to be really far away from home. Please get pictures up soon I can't wait to see everything.
Mother dear here-just read your blog for the first time. Wahoo! just one more way to spy one you two. Love to hear your adventures from both of your perspectives. Keep it up, my brilliant chickie-pens.
Post a Comment